LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
FUSE Corps is a national nonprofit that enables local government to more effectively address the most pressing challenges facing urban communities. In pursuit of this mission, FUSE runs an executive-level fellowship program in civic innovation that is focused on accelerating cross-sector collaboration and community-based problem solving. FUSE partners with city leaders to identify key strategic challenges and then recruits entrepreneurial professionals who spend a year working in local government to address those challenges. Typically FUSE Fellows have on average 15-20 years of professional experience and are uniquely qualified for their individual projects as well as the program as a whole. FUSE fellows are uniquely positioned to achieve transformative impact across issues areas such as education, health, social services, economic development, public safety, and the environment.
The Finance & Operations Manager will play an integral role in the effective operating of the organization with responsibility for coordinating and managing FUSE’s organizational systems and administrative functions related to finance, infrastructure, human resources, and technology among other things. Reporting directly to the President & COO, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and experience related to all aspects of nonprofit management as well as exposure to local government operations in cities throughout the country.
- Manage all aspects of office infrastructure and operations including office space leases and maintenance, supplies and materials, and technology, as well as any future searches for new office space that may be required and the associated process of moving offices if needed.
- Act as the technology lead in management and continuous development of the organization’s data management system (Salesforce), document management system (DropBox), and exploring and implementing additional enterprise software as needed.
- Manage information and submissions related to organizational insurance policies.
- Manage and audit information related to federal, state and local tax filings and business registrations.
- Support the CEO and COO in day-to-day activities related to organizational and administrative needs such as scheduling and facilitating meetings, etc.
- Support the CEO and COO in long-term strategic decision-making in reaching organization goals and scaling the organization by providing research, analysis, and thought-partnership.
- Oversee special projects as needed and collaborate with members of the broader FUSE team in other activities related to the overall achievement of organization-wide goals.
- Manage all internal financial processes and maintain financial records, including tracking, reviewing, and processing revenue received and coding expenditures.
- Continually evaluate and develop internal policies related to financial management.
- Serve as the administrative contact and liaison with outsourced bookkeeping firm (eCratchit) as well as other vendors.
- Administer contracting process with all vendors to ensure execution of contracts and timely payment of invoices.
- Oversee document preparation and logistics for organization’s annual audit with outsourced bookkeeping firm.
- Participate in formulation of annual budget through meetings and discussions with CEO, COO, and other team members.
- Support the CEO and COO in financial planning, research, and modeling to drive sustainable impact across the organization.
- Support the CEO and COO in preparing materials for quarterly Board meetings and attend Board meetings in a confidential observer capacity to take meeting notes.
- Help prepare the minutes of each Board meeting and maintain informational files for the Board’s reference.
- Plan and execute logistics around the quarterly board meetings, typically requiring travel.
- Serve as administrative contact and liaison with the organization’s professional employment organization (TriNet) for all human resource-related matters.
- Assist COO with matters pertaining to payroll audit, PTO audit, and corporate policies.
- Conduct on-boarding for new employees across offices and set-up new hire infrastructure.
- Oversee associate professional development and other employee-driven culture aspects.
- Act as a change agent in building community and culture at the organization by facilitating process implementation, reinforcing the organization’s mission and values, and enhancing day-to-day work morale and productivity.
- Passion for FUSE’s mission and related issue areas.
- 5+ years minimum required experience in finance, operations, HR and/or IT-related roles.
- Proactive, self-motivated problem solver with high emotional intelligence.
- Superior organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work within a small, cohesive, team.
- Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment including multitasking and prioritizing effectively while managing a range of concurrent projects.
- Ability to follow up and follow through with all assigned tasks in order to meet aggressive deadlines.
- High level of maturity, poise and professionalism.
- Command of Microsoft Office Suite, and ideally a strong knowledge of Salesforce.
FUSE Corps is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of incorporating diverse perspectives into our work at every level. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.