FINANCE & OPERATIONS MANAGER
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
FUSE Corps is a national nonprofit that enables local government to more effectively address the most pressing challenges facing urban communities. In pursuit of this mission, FUSE runs an executive-level fellowship program in civic innovation that is focused on accelerating cross-sector collaboration and community-based problem solving. FUSE partners with city leaders to identify key strategic challenges and then recruits entrepreneurial professionals who spend a year working in local government to address those challenges. Typically FUSE Fellows have on average 15-20 years of professional experience and are uniquely qualified for their individual projects as well as the program as a whole. FUSE fellows are uniquely positioned to achieve transformative impact across issues areas such as education, health, social services, economic development, public safety, and the environment.
Reporting directly to the President & COO, the Finance & Operations Manager will play an integral role in the effective management and development of organizational systems and administrative functions related to finance, operations, facilities, and technology.
- Manage all internal financial processes and maintain financial records, including tracking, reviewing, and processing revenue received and coding expenditures.
- Serve as the administrative contact and day-to-day liaison with FUSE’s outsourced bookkeeping firm to help ensure that regular accounting practices are maintained around all income and expenses.
- Work with other team members throughout the organization to follow-up as appropriate on accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Analyze reports detailing budget-to-actual statements of profit and loss on a monthly basis to help interpret and support the organization in responding to any significant under-or-over spending as compared with the organization’s operating plans.
- Partner with outsourced bookkeepers and independent auditors to support their preparation of the organization’s annual audit report and tax returns.
- Participate in formulation of annual budget through meetings and discussions with the organization’s leadership team and other team members.
- Support the CEO and COO in financial planning, research, and modeling.
- Continually evaluate and develop internal policies related to financial management and controls.
- Manage office infrastructure and operations including office leases, maintenance, supplies, materials, and technology, as well as any future searches for new office space and associated moves that may be required.
- Act as the technology lead in managing and continuously developing the organization’s information management system (Salesforce), document management system (Dropbox), communications management systems (Google and Slack) and implementing additional enterprise software as needed.
- Manage information and submissions related to organizational insurance policies.
- Manage and audit information related to federal, state and local tax filings and business registrations in locations where the organization operates nationally.
- Administer contracting process with vendors to ensure execution of contracts and timely payment of invoices.
- Serve as administrative contact and liaison with the organization’s professional employment organization (TriNet) for all payroll-related matters, assisting the COO with payroll audit, PTO audit, and the updating of corporate policies.
- Support the development of community and culture at the organization by facilitating process implementation, reinforcing the organization’s mission and values, and enhancing day-to-day work productivity.
- Passion for FUSE’s mission and related issue areas.
- 5+ years minimum required experience in finance and/or operations roles, ideally including experience with bookkeeping, budgeting, financial reporting, systems management, and/or information technology.
- Proactive, self-motivated problem solver with high emotional intelligence.
- Superior organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail and exceptional multi-tasking capabilities.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work within a small, cohesive, team.
- Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to be adaptive when faced with shifting and competing priorities across a range of concurrent projects and demands.
- Ability to follow up and follow through with all assigned tasks in order to meet aggressive deadlines with a minimal level of support or oversight.
- High level of maturity, poise and professionalism, especially with regard to managing sensitive and confidential information.
- Command of Microsoft Office Suite and ideally a strong knowledge of Salesforce.
FUSE Corps is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of incorporating diverse perspectives into our work at every level. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.