Dates of Service: June 1 – October 15, 2018
Location: San Francisco
Monthly Stipend: $4,000
About FUSE Corps
FUSE Corps is a national nonprofit that enables local government to more effectively address the most pressing challenges facing urban communities. In pursuit of this mission, FUSE runs an executive-level fellowship program in civic innovation that is focused on accelerating cross-sector collaboration and community-based problem solving. FUSE partners with city leaders to identify key strategic challenges and then recruits entrepreneurial professionals from the private sector who spend a year working in local government to address those challenges. FUSE fellows are uniquely positioned to achieve transformative impact across issue areas such as education, health, social services, economic development, public safety, and the environment.
Since FUSE was founded in the San Francisco Bay area five years ago, this unique program has grown quickly in response to mounting demand from cities across the country. The current cohort includes 35 projects in local governments throughout California (San Francisco, Stockton, San José, Fremont, Long Beach, Los Angeles) and across the country (Denver, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.). The response from prospective fellows has been equally robust making the application process extremely competitive among private-sector executives seeking to serve in this prestigious program and have a different kind of impact in their communities.
For more information visit www.fusecorps.org.
FUSE seeks to hire a highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong project management experience and communications skills as its Program Summer Associate. The Program Summer Associate will provide critical support to FUSE Program areas with a particular focus on fellowship recruiting. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Recruiting – Help develop and implement a fellowship marketing strategy that supports recruitment for FUSE’s executive fellowship program. Support with project posting and dissemination. Conduct candidate research and outreach. Support candidate interview logistics and recruiting operations.
- Learning and Development – Assist with designing materials, took kits, presentations for domain experts, workshop agendas and related materials. Help with event and workshop logistics coordination.
- Program Operations – Assist Directors and staff with project management, building and running SalesForce reports, and updating and maintaining other systems as necessary.
- Passion for FUSE’s mission and interest in related issue areas such as civic innovation, urban renewal, entrepreneurship, and/or leadership development.
- Superior organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects at one time, and ability to follow up and follow through with all assigned tasks in order to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to develop relationships with a diverse array stakeholders.
- Ability to actively listen and respond to feedback in a professional, expedient, and positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work in a fast-paced environment with a small, cohesive team.
- Experience with digital marketing and data analysis using marketing technology platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, Appcast, Smashfly, Marketo and/or other tools.
- Experience using Google online tools and Salesforce.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Program Summer Associate”.
FUSE Corps is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of incorporating diverse perspectives into our work at every level. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.