Location: San Francisco, CA
FUSE Corps is a national nonprofit that enables local government to more effectively address the most pressing challenges facing urban communities. In pursuit of this mission, FUSE runs an executive-level fellowship program in civic innovation that is focused on accelerating cross-sector collaboration and community-based problem solving. FUSE partners with city leaders to identify key strategic challenges and then recruits entrepreneurial professionals who spend a year working in local government to address those challenges. Typically FUSE Fellows have on average 15-20 years of professional experience and are uniquely qualified for their individual projects as well as the program as a whole. FUSE fellows are uniquely positioned to achieve transformative impact across issues areas such as education, health, social services, economic development, public safety, and the environment.
The Programs Associate position is a high-impact opportunity for an entry-level professional with a strong interest in local government affairs to have a lasting impact on the communities served by FUSE.
The Programs Associate will have a chance to develop project management, operations, and stakeholder management skills under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Programs.
- For FUSE learning function, you will support the implementation of learning and development opportunities for FUSE Executive Fellows in a variety of ways:
- Develop project plans for major workshops like four-day fellow orientations, two -day mid-year convenings, and half-day closing workshops.
- Coordinate logistics for learning events. This includes researching, identifying and securing venues, caterers, hotels, supplies, etc. for all major events; as well as coordinating scheduling and supplies for day-long innovation labs.
- Serve as the tech lead on webinars and virtual meetings.
- Support the Executive Coach program through tracking coach-fellow assignments, progress and invoice management
- Assist project plan implementation for fellows in their 2nd years known as Executive Advisors
- Support the FUSE Justice & Unity program delivery efforts by building out PowerPoint presentations, conducting and analyzing surveys of fellows
- For FUSE’s program evaluation function, you will contribute to:
- Designing, implementing, and analyzing surveys to assess the satisfaction of fellows and government partners.
- Supporting data collection and analysis on key performance indicators for fellowship projects, including utilizing platforms like Tableau to visualize the data.
- For Program Team Operations, you will play an integral role in ensuring businesses processes are working efficiently, this includes:
- Contributing to effective meeting management.
- Assisting with developing and maintaining budgets.
- Effectively supporting scheduling of stakeholder meetings.
- Developing contracts for vendors and vendor management.
- This will include creating best practice policies as needed to help keep the Program Team operating efficiently and optimally.
- Maintaining Salesforce through updating system and reporting functions
- Provide Fellows with the highest level of customer service while assisting with questions, reimbursements, scheduling, and Learning event preparation throughout the year.
- Passion for FUSE’s mission and demonstrated commitment to related issue areas such as civic innovation, urban renewal, cross-sector collaboration, entrepreneurship, and/or leadership development.
- Comfort working in fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail and ability to follow up and follow through to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly convey complex topics to internal audiences.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to develop relationships with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work on a small team and within a resource-constrained environment, always maintaining a focus on the organization’s needs and strategic priorities.
- Previous experience in an administrative role preferred.
- Previous experience with CMS, data visualization software, and Video conferencing platforms preferred.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com.
FUSE Corps is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of incorporating diverse perspectives into our work at every level. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.